Monday, July 20, 2009

Weigh-In Day #2: Tough to Swallow

Now I know what it must have been like to be the '86 Red Sox when they almost won the World Series, or Tom Watson when he almost won the British Open yesterday.

Well, not really, but you get the idea. I weighed in at an even 300 lbs. this morning. 300! My body couldn't have given me that extra tenth of a pound, so that I could be at 299.9??? Instead of beginning my next milestone, I'm still stuck at my first milestone of getting below 300. Frustrating, to say the least.

Obviously, this isn't as bad as I am making it sound. I still lost 1.3 lbs., and I have now lost a total of 15 lbs. I ate healthy and worked out every day, so I don't really have anything to be ashamed about. But still...I like the sound of "under 300" more than "lost 15 pounds." And I feel like I ate healthy enough to have lost at least two pounds.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I miscalculated or underestimated certain food point values in Weight Watchers. For example, on Saturday and Sunday, I had chicken fingers for one of my meals. In Weight Watchers, the generic entry for chicken fingers is "Chicken Tenders, Restaurant Type 1 serving: 6 points." I was calculating this as one meal of chicken tenders, but now I think it might be 6 points for EACH chicken tender. Oops...that might explain the disappointing weight loss a little bit.

I've also learned that I shouldn't trust the weight that Wii Fit gives me every day. For the past couple days, it has put me around 297 or 298. I suppose I should have known that the weight shown isn't entirely accurate, since the balance board isn't a scale. Regardless...FALSE HOPE! BAD WII FIT!

Now I have extra motivation for this upcoming week of eating and exercising...maybe my body was sending me a sign.

INTERESTING ARTICLE OF THE DAY: Check out this Boston Globe article regarding how the recession has affected exercise and eating habits. Now that I think about it, I do find it kind of odd that I started my weight loss journey in the middle of a recession and while I'm a poor student. I guess I should be thankful for my summer job...and student loans...and the wifey's income.

1 comment:

Rich Want said...

Good Job!

You definitely hit a milestone this week, you passed 10% of your weight loss goal. That is huge!

Keep at it.