Thursday, July 9, 2009

It Figures...

I started this blog yesterday, and of course today I don't work out for the first time since June 22. But I think that is OK...my understanding is that you need to take a day off from exercising every 2-3 days in order to let your muscles rest. I haven't really been working out too intensely, so I don't think it is a big deal that I haven't taken a day off in two and a half weeks. But I still feel guilty, and I don't get any activity points for Weight Watchers today. I'm still below my points target for today, so I should be fine.

I still used the Wii to make entries into my journals for both of the exercise games I use. This was the usual boring stuff, so I won't go into too much detail, but I wanted to point out a couple interesting things.

First, when entering your profile into EA Sports Active, it doesn't let you enter a weight above 300 lbs.:



Why is there a 300-pound weight limit? There are no contraptions that you need to step on that might have a weight limit. There is a strap you wrap around your leg, but I don't see why that would have a weight limit. What's the deal, EA? Got something against 300+ guys? I don't get it. Regardless, it's a good exercise game...it really makes me work hard to lose calories.

Second, I love waking up in the morning, eating a healthy breakfast, getting psyched up for a good workout...but then things take a turn for the worse. I have to deal with Wii Fit's cutesy talking balance board point out the obvious and tell me every single day in an annoyingly high-pitched robotic-like voice that I am obese, which is accompanied by a little "aww shucks" kind of song played by some synthesized oboe or trombone and by my Wii character getting plump and looking down at his newly-formed belly in astonishment and frustration:


Like...WTF?!?! I can see why this game is controversial for kids...this game beats you down mercilessly with the obese talk. And don't even get me started on my balance...I apparently am constantly leaning to the right, and the cutesy balance board gets pissed at me every day for not having perfect balance. I don't mind being told that I'm obese...because I am...but there's something frustrating about the happy-go-lucky way that Wii Fit tells me that I'm obese. It gets my boxers in a bunch. Blargh.

Back to the regular routine tomorrow...exercise in the morning, eat healthy throughout the day (which basically consists of a Fiber One bar, a turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat bread, yogurt, and some sort of moderate dinner), drink lots of water, track points, and get good sleep.

No comments: