Sunday, July 12, 2009

Monday Looms Large

Mondays are my weigh-in days for Weight Watchers Online. It just kind of naturally happened that way; I signed up for WW on a Monday. Mondays can be a tough weigh-in day: if you have a bad weekend, then your Monday weigh-in might be bad. You can change your weigh-in day, and many have suggested that I change it to Wednesday or Thursday, so that I can recover from a bad weekend by having a couple days to get back on track. But I have found that a Monday weigh-in allows me to stay focused on the weekend, so that I don't go on points overload.

I expect to be down around two pounds. For the first two weeks, I lost a lot, but I expect that to slow down. The beginning always starts off well, but reality eventually sets in, which means a more normal weight loss pace of 1-2 pounds per week, or those wonderful things they call weight plateaus. However, if you know the possibilities of what could happen, then you can better prepare yourself for when it happens...and then move on and work hard for next week's weigh-in.

To get ready for Monday, I had a thoroughly enjoyable Sunday. Had some breakfast at the best breakfast place in town, but it was tough picking out a healthy option. I went with two eggs scrambled and some wheat toast...not so bad, I guess. Worked out on the Wii Fit for around 30 minutes. I got paranoid about my weigh-in day being tomorrow, so I only had yogurt for lunch. Attended a wonderful birthday party for my three-year-old niece, Lyla. MAN it was tempting to eat the cheese, the chips, and the cake (aka the Three C's of Food Doom), but I held off the hunger pains by repeatedly filling up and sucking down tap water in my giganta-SmartWater bottle. Made a nice dinner with my wife, Laura. Chicken and pasta with peppers and onions in a pesto sauce...yummay.

I want to pass along a couple of interesting sites. Wii Fit Routine provides workout routines of various difficulty and length for the Wii Fit. The website also lets you generate your own routines depending on your goals, and there are some good fitness articles. I use this site regularly, since Wii Fit doesn't have any preset routines. My friend Jackie recommended an iTunes podcast called Fat 2 Fit Radio. The description of the show says that it advocates "weight loss through lifestyle change, not quick fixes - they simply do not exist." Couldn't agree more with that statement. I have not yet listened to it, but I plan to during my weekly trips to Connecticut.

Bring it on, Monday. I'm ready for ya.

No comments: