Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weigh-In Day #7: Continuing the Climb

It was another bad week. I'm now at 299.9 pounds. A very symbolic weigh-in. It's like God is telling me that this is my last chance to turn around and start losing weight again. Or else we all know what's next: weighing above 300 pounds again.

I still haven't found the motivation to lose weight again, but I really haven't been putting in the effort to find motivation either. I have received a lot of great advice from you all, and I will definitely put it to good use at some point, hopefully very very soon.

School has started up again for me so that has added an extra layer of stress to the situation. But life is all about stresses, so I know that I cannot use this as an excuse for not putting in the effort to lose weight.

What's next? I'm not sure. Hopefully a better week. I guess the first step is to find that motivation again. I know I can find it... I just hope I can stick with it this time.

2 comments:

Rich Want said...

I hope you are still kicking ass Scotty. Don't let a few bumps in the road get you off track!

Unknown said...

Scott, you are very likely to die prematurely if you don't lose weight. My advice to you is to stop worrying about "finding motivation" and start TAKING ACTION, NOW. BABY STEPS ARE FINE. Just get things headed in the right direction. There is no reason you can't do this thing! I would strongly encourage you to move towards adopting a mostly plant-based diet. In my opinion, this is the single most helpful change I think you could make. Second would be to commit to walking thirty minutes every single day. I may not know you, but I am rooting for you. Don't worry about tomorrow, or even 2012, worry about TODAY. Do the things you need to do TODAY.

Good luck,
Joe
Feel Great!: josephbedford.blogspot.com