Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm A Maniac...

...and I'm eating like I've never eaten before. Stress got the best of me today...I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, but dinner was a disaster. At 2:30pm today, I decided I was too stressed out to care about eating healthy and exercising for the day. I shrugged my shoulders and basically said, whatever...I simply do not care about being healthy tonight.

Of course, I'm totally regretting it now. I went out to eat at a restaurant, I stuffed my face with buffalo tenders, and I chowed down on a bacon cheeseburger and fries to the point where I felt my belly was going to explode all over the bar. Not good. I've been told that it is OK to have one bad meal per week...but I don't think overeating to the point of exploding was what they had in mind.

Stress eating has always been a problem for me. It's almost like I spend all my energy being stressed that I simply do not care about anything else for the rest of the day. No matter how much progress I have made thus far...it all vanishes when I become stressed. I'm not entirely sure what to do to combat stress...I know a lot of people use exercise for that purpose, but it hasn't done the trick for me yet. Some people use therapy...not sure if I'm ready for that. What else is there?

I think I need to keep my goals in perspective when I encounter these problems in the future. I know I can't use food to deal with stress...I have to combat stress in a more conducive manner. I'll probably be wracking my brain for the next week because of this night. Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working out is a really good way to eleviate stress. Go ahead...take it out on the elliptical.

[Laura]